Mold Remediation in Houston, TX
Comprehensive Mold Inspection & Removal
Mold can grow as a result of many different causes, including sitting water left behind by floods. It can even grow in unexpected places for months or even years without you knowing, posing dangers to your health.
Instead of attempting questionable DIY remedies, trust a skilled and licensed specialist for dependable mold remediation in Houston or the surrounding areas.
How & Where Does Mold Grow?
Mold is a type of fungus that can be found everywhere. It travels as a small, undetectable spore that can grow anywhere in your Houston home.
Mold thrives in hot, humid areas where there is a lot of moisture in the air. It particularly does well on dead organic matter such as wood, paper, and fabric, although it can be found in other spaces like carpet, metal vents, and more.
You can have dormant mold spores, particularly if the temperature is below 40° F. The warmer the temps, the happier the mold spores. Because it travels easily, it’s important to keep your home dry and clean.
Common Signs of Mold Growth
Although it may sometimes be visible, mold is not always obvious, especially if it grows in your air ducts or in the attic. If you suspect the growth of mold or have noticed signs, contact a specialist for comprehensive mold remediation in Houston or nearby communities
Our experts work quickly to spot, contain, and remove mold. We strive to make your home or business safer as efficiently as possible.
A few common signs of mold include:
- Respiratory illness or asthma flare-ups
- Musty smell in the air
- Visible mold growth on the walls
What is Mold Remediation and How Long Does It Take?
Mold remediation is the process of cleaning up mold in a home or business. This includes spraying the effected area with an EPA-approved biocide and cleaning up the mold using a HEPA vacuum and air scrubber.
How long the mold remediation process takes depends on where the mold is present, how much is present, and what material it’s growing on. If the mold gets into walls and into drywalls, the process will take longer than if it was simply on a tile. On average, mold remediation can take 1 to five days.
Our Mold Remediation Process
At Lone Star Pro Services, our process to remove mold involves four basic steps that has proven effective in our extensive experience. We understand how mold grows and works, giving us particular insight into how to remove it.
When it comes to mold remediation in Houston, our steps include:
- Inspection – We identify what specific type of mold is present and what the cause of it is.
- Containment – We take measure to ensure the mold doesn’t spread and grow.
- Treatment – We use proven treatments to remove existing mold and prevent new mold from forming.
- Post-Removal Inspection – Once all the mold has been cleaned and removed, we do another round of inspections to ensure nothing was missed.
At Lone Star Pro Services, we’re committed to your health and safety. That’s why we offer effective black mold removal in addition to mold remediation. We adhere to CDC guidelines and follow industry protocol to ensure everything is done up to our standards.
Myths About Mold Remediation
1. It can be done effectively on the cheap - Because of the equipment necessary, insurance and worker's comp can all add up, you should be suspicious of very cheap rates for mold remediation in Houston. Some companies that cut corners might be able to get you a low price, but at a cost that can be harmful to the quality of the job as they might not have all the requirements for the business.
2. Mold removal - Some companies will promise to remove all your mold, but anybody that knows anything about the growth is aware that this is a fallacy and that's why it's called mold remediation. Nobody can guarantee to get rid of 100% of your mold and if they do, they're lying to you.
3.Mold won't grow back - While our mold remediation services will get rid of as much mold as possible, it's up to you to ensure that it doesn't grow back. You can do with with a two-pronged approach: ensure that there's good ventilation and consider installing a dehumidifier to make sure mold doesn't grow back.
4. You can't DIY mold remediation - If the job is small and you consider yourself handy, have at it! Use gloves and a mask as you don't want to inhale the particles. A soft brush and over-the-counter mold cleaner combined with water will work great. Make sure the rest of your home is sealed off, ensure that there's good ventilation and leave the mold cleaner on until it dries to get rid of the mold before washing with water.
Contact us online or call (832) 990-9499 to request comprehensive mold remediation in Houston or the surrounding areas today!
For More Information on Mold:
Warranties And Financing Available. Call for Details!
Insured & Compliant with Industry Standards
Honest, Upfront Pricing for All Services
Latest in Equipment & Advanced Technology
24/7 Availability in Cases of Home Emergencies
Free In-Home Estimates Available to Customers