Millions of Americans suffer from asthma each day. Unfortunately, the numbers are rising in recent years. There a variety of factors that may contribute to this rise. Asthma symptoms are often triggered when allergens and other irritants enter an individual’s lungs. Lone Star Pro Services values our customers and helps to ensure clean air quality inside your family’s home. There are several tips you can follow to help prevent asthma attacks in your own home. Read on to learn some easy to follow tips for you and your family.
Tips to Prevent Asthma Attacks in Your Home
- Clean smarter and not harder. Start your cleaning at the highest point in the room and work your way down. Don’t forget to clean the window blinds and other areas that can hide dust. Microfiber cloths help to catch debris and dust and avoid merely spreading them around as other materials do.
- Invest in a HEPA filter. Investing in a proper vacuum that has a built-in HEPA filter will help to trap debris as you clean effectively.
- Wash all bedding regularly. Frequently washing all cover, blankets, and beddings with hot water will help to kill and get rid of dust mites. Invest in dust mite covers for your mattresses and pillows.
- Opt for leather. Leather does not trap allergens like softer materials often do. It is also easier to clean.
- Have your ductwork professionally cleaned. Contact our office to clean your ductwork regularly. We will leave you with healthy air quality and get rid of allergens that are trapped.
- Install hard flooring. Carpet materials often trap allergens and debris. Trade out your carpet for hard flooring especially in bedrooms to reduce your asthma symptoms.
- Replace your air filter. Regularly replace your air filter to stop allergens from entering your home.