Water Damage Restoration in Houston, TX
24-Hour Emergency Flood & Water Damage Repair
A flooded home or commercial space is devastating. Whether you've woken up in the middle of the night or returned home after a trip, you may not know what to do next. Your valuables and equipment may be at risk, water may be sitting on your floors, causing more damage, and you may think all hope is lost. Whatever the situation may be, our Houston water damage restoration experts at Lone Star Pro Services can help.
Residential & Commercial Water Damage Restoration Process
Water damage can affect homes and businesses of all sizes and types. The damage can come in several different forms, classified by contaminant levels. The three main types of water damage include clean water, contaminated water, and black water (containing toxic materials).
From storm damage to plumbing disasters, our IICRC-certified technicians have the training and tools to address all types of water damage. While every home and business are different and require slightly varied techniques, we have established a proven process.
When it comes to water damage restoration in Houston, our process includes the following steps:
- Inspection and water damage assessment
- Water extraction
- Structural drying
- Cleaning and sanitizing
Steps to Take After House Flooding
Whether it’s because of a broken pipe, heavy rains, or sewer backup, flooding is one of the most devastating things one can experience. Flooding can be overwhelming, leaving you to wonder what step to take first. We’ve compiled a helpful list to help make the situation a little easier to manage.
What to do after your home’s flooded:
- Safety: Depending on how bad the flooding is, you may have to evacuate your home. The most important thing in this situation is your safety. If you know how, turn off the power and avoid electrical sockets/equipment.
- Water Removal: After everyone is safe, the next goal is to stop and remove water. If it’s a burst pipe causing the damage, turn off your water. If you have a sump pump, make sure it works. If you don’t have a sump pump, use a bucket to remove water.
- Drying: The next step is to dry your home. Water damage not only weakens the foundation and stains the home, the moisture is a breeding ground for mold.
- Insurance: If you have homeowner’s insurance, call your company. They will send an adjuster to survey the damage and inform you what your policy covers.
- Clean-Up & Repairs: Once the water is out and the insurance company is dealt with, the large task of cleaning up and repairing your home starts.
At Lone Star Pro Services, we know this can be an extremely difficult time for many. That’s why our skilled staff is here to help you each step of the way. With our Houston water damage restoration services, you can focus on what truly matters while we handle the rest.
Subtle Signs You Need Water Damage Restoration
- The musky smell of mold or mildew - If you have a leak in a part of your home that isn't ventilated properly, then you might experience mold or mildew growth. This will often happen in parts of your home you don't frequent like the inside of a wall or ceiling and when in doubt trust your nose because these growths produce a noticeable smell.
- Cracked wall paint - Not every instance of water damage in Houston is going to produce a water stain that's in your line of sight. Sometimes, the water pressure is enough to only crack your wall paint which might not seem like much, but there could be more water damage on the other side of the wall.
- An unusually high water bill - Another sign you should request water damage restoration in Houston is if your water bill is through the roof. This means that there's likely a significant leak somewhere and if left unattended you could end up with a water bill that's noticeably higher.
- The water meter test - If you ever want to test if you have a leak somewhere on your property, turn off all your water and head to your water meter. If the dial isn't at 0 then you have a leak somewhere that could be causing damage to your home.
What is the Difference Between Water Mitigation & Restoration?
Water mitigation services prevent further damage from happening to your property and are centered around removing your property and belongings from harm’s way. It’s usually performed first when things like floods and storm damage occur.
Comparatively, water restoration services aim to repair the damaged property and restore it to better conditions. At Lone Star Pro Services, we provide reliable water mitigation and restoration in Houston. We'll help you each step of the way.
Does Insurance Pay for Water Damage Repair & Restoration?
Most homeowners insurance policies will cover water damage if the cause is sudden and accidental. For example, if a pipe bursts and saturates the drywall or a ruptured water heater damages your flooring. Depending on the damage, two types of coverage are available to homeowners.
Types of Coverage for Water Damage:
- Personal Property Coverage: Personal property coverage helps pay for damaged belongings that were ruined during the accidental or sudden disaster covered in the policy.
- Dwelling Coverage: Dwelling coverage helps pay for damage that occurs to the structure of the home.
If you need help figuring out what your insurance covers and need effective water damage restoration in Houston, call our team today.
Schedule Quality Houston Water Damage Restoration Today
When your home or business has suffered water damage, it is vital that you act quickly to eliminate further damage and reduce mold growth. At Lone Star Pro Services, we pride ourselves on excellent customer service and honest, upfront pricing.
We know that dealing with water damage can be incredibly stressful, which is why we strive to make the restoration process easy. Our company is recognized in the community for our professionalism and the quality of our work. Every minute that water remains sitting causes further damage and mold growth. After a flood, stay calm and reach out to our professional team for rapid and effective solutions.
Request your free estimate for 24-hour Houston water damage restoration by submitting a contact form online or calling (832) 990-9499 today!
Warranties And Financing Available. Call for Details!
Insured & Compliant with Industry Standards
Honest, Upfront Pricing for All Services
Latest in Equipment & Advanced Technology
24/7 Availability in Cases of Home Emergencies
Free In-Home Estimates Available to Customers